Sunday, December 18, 2011

Latest project

For my final exam, my bachelor project, I wrote an assignment about “The metrosexual man”.
My problem was:

“How can I create a men´s jacket which represents the Modern Man’s part in society and refers to “the metrosexual man”, based on men’s fashion in the Rococo period? The purpose is to push to, and hopefully provoke men´s self-perception about the way they dress, compared to what society thinks."

I started off with constructing and sewing an original Rococo men’s jacket called a Justeaucorps. I used the book “Historische Schnitte” by M. Müller & Sohn from Rundschau.
 









After that I drawed one of Mikkel´s suit jackets in 1:5, it was a model from the Danish Bruuns Bazaar fall/spring 2010, to see which details I wanted to combine with the Rococo jacket.
I sewed the final jacket so that it fitted Mikkel, he should wear it to my exam so that the fitting also could be evaluated, and I made a lot of the details by handmade embroidery.

The Jacket is sewed in 100% wool with 100% silk lining. The embroidery is made with silk, viscose, tiny glass pearls and some gold plated string. I have used four different techniques to the embroidery.  

Last sunday, december the 10th, one of my friends (photographer Jonas Danholt) was so nice to take some pictures of the jacket. Mikkel, my boyfriend, was the model and I styled him myself. I think that they look fantastic!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment