Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Fall in Denmark

Outside my window all the trees has the most amazing orange colors! Fall has really set its mark on the nature (as you can see on my pictures below, all taken in my neighborhood in Copenhagen), and I think the weather screams for coziness with home baked buns and hot chocolate!





What you also can do in this weather is off course to spend a lot of time in front of the sewing machine, and let yourself be inspired of the colors outside your window.
The jacked and dress below could have been inspired by that with the orange and dark blue colors, but actually I made the dress about half a year ago for my friend for her birthday (as you may remember I wrote about then? Otherwise you can scroll down!). The dress is made in 100% orange cotton, with 100 % orange acetate lining. I have made the upper part as a corsage with plastic stiffeners, and I have chosen plastic so you can wash the dress in a washing machine.
I made the jacket for one of my neighbors a few months ago. He had two weddings to go to, but he didn't feel comfortable in a normal suit. He would like to wear jeans and a jacket that could match these. Therefore I made this jacket in rough denim blue 100% wool with stitches and details in orange that could match the stitches on jeans.
I hope You´ll feel inspired to make something yourself or to just enjoy the colors outside your window!
Today I think that I will light up the fire in my stove and watch a bunch of Sex and The City, and hopefully I will be inspired for my next project AGAIN ;o)















No comments:

Post a Comment