Monday, October 29, 2012

Not just clothes


I think it's about time to show you that I make other things than just clothes.
One of my other big passions is furniture. I love old furniture, and I don't think that they are comparable to modern ones. My heart bleeds when people just throw the old wonders of crafts away.
My boyfriend and I enjoy to spend time renovating and modernizing things together, and below I want to show you some of our projects.

A few months ago we found this wonderful chair left on our loft. It's made in the late 1920s. It had no cushions so I had these one cut out in foam, and then I covered them with petrol blue furniture fabric, and pulled buttons through to make the look I wanted. Now I think it's my favorite furniture in our apartment!




In the past autumn we got an old glass cabinet. It belonged to my Grandpa and had been in my father's childhood home until his big sister left home, and then she got the cabinet. Many years later her and her husband wanted to throw it out, but luckily my Grandpa said no! He got the cabinet back and used it in his garden house. One day he showed it to me and asked if I wanted it. It needed a loving hand indeed, so off course I said yes!
My boyfriend and I used so much time scratching old paint and shelf paper of with a fan heater, and then it needed basecoat, finishing paint and new porcelain grips. But it was all worth it!

The last thing I want to show you is a small footstool which I bought in an antique shop for only 50 DKK (6,70 Euro). It was covered with the most awful sheep-look alike fabric, so we took that off and covered it  with a fabric intended for deckchairs.






No comments:

Post a Comment